Friday 21 October 2011

Elan Vital



Three years ago today I was in London, England, savouring the rich mix of history, fashion, stones and sky and grey.  A whirlwind trip around Western Europe, I was in love with the world and everything and everyone around me.  We were taken in, like old friends, given food and warmth and comfort, and I felt like I found my home.

Each time I've left Ontario, I think I've changed.  From Florence to Amsterdam, Edinburgh to Guysborough, Nova Scotia, to Montreal, these trips, whether weeks or days rejuvenate and make me think of all the things I want to alter. My bedroom, my hair.  I'll start wearing heels, buy more fresh vegetables, walk, walk more, drink red wine, black coffee, wrap myself in wool and leather and lace, find an old stone walk-up, a high-rise, speak up, yell louder and sing, sing, sing.

No comments:

Post a Comment